By Odunayo Ketiku
MEMORY VERSE: ECCLE 9:11 “I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all”. (KJV)
In every challenge there are opportunities, and in every opportunity there are challenges. It is an opportunity to be alive and to be in another month. We must also know that in this opportunity there are challenges, be prepared to handle the challenges involved and take full advantage of the opportunities. Don’t despair when a problem surfaces but be confident in this that “Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world”. There is glory hidden in the problem therefore the problem is just a stepping stone to your glory especially when your trust is in God and you stayed connected.
No Pain no gain: Psalm 126:5-6 “Those who plant in tears will harvest with shout of joy. They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest (NLT) The discouragement, difficulty, fears, disappointment, loneliness, attacks, discomforts, temptation and unexpected occurrences are the causes of pain and tears but please don’t allow all these to stop you. Be ready to move in to the harvest and joy.
* In Deut 31:6,8, God encouraged Moses to “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6, ESV). God, through this scripture assures us that He is going ahead of us on this journey and victory is therefore certain.
* The Challenges of life are to discourage us and make us to be afraid so God spoke to that fear in Isaiah 41:10 ” Fear not,for iam with you; be not dismayed, for iam your God.”
* Challenges come to us, believers to prove the genuineness of our faith. This, in turn results in praise and glory to God. 1 Peter 1:6-7
* Relax, no trouble is strong enough to crush us. We might be perplexed but we are not given to despair. We might be hunted down but we will never be abandoned by God. 2Cor 4:8-11
* A crown of Life awaits us when we are done here. James1:12.
So how do I handle these challenges
* Refuse to be worried but rather cry out to the Lord. Psalm 50: 15
* Endure hardship 2 Tim 4:15. Nothing comes easy. Allow the pressure to bring out the good in you. Look beyond the pressure. The hotter the water, the more the tea bag finds expression. You can’t be expressed till you are pressed.
* Even in that confusing situation, look for reasons to be grateful. Rejoice always. Rom 12:12. Remember that all things are bound to work together for good unto them that love God. You show your love to God by rejoicing in His ability to bring you out into a large place. Rom 8: 28-29
* Put up Strength in the Lord. You get strengthened in the place of the Word. Store the Word in you so it can give you confidence. Joshua 1:9
God’s offers to you! (Isaiah 43:18-19) “Forget about what’s happened, don’t keep going over old history 19 Be alert, be present I’m about to do something brand new. It is bursting out! Don’t you see it?(msg). God has good surprises for us all. Isaiah 14:24 “The Lord almighty has sworn this oath! It will all happen as I have planned. It will come about according to my purpose (NLT) These promises as contained in the Word of God are our opportunities.
Your expectation – what are the good things you desire to accomplish in the remaining part of this year. God will not withhold it from you. If your faith says yes, God will not say no. You have the opportunity of seeing it happen if you dare to ask, Seek, and knock for them in Jesus name. Matt 7:7, Psalm 84:11
DREAM BIG – Gen 13:14-15. What you become is determined by what you can see. If your faith says yes, your God will not say No. One of the faculties of faith is Sight. Can you see it. Abraham had to see twice. The first one was when he had lands to conquer, God said ” as far as you can see, I have given you” What can you see?. See what is bigger than you. It must be bigger than you for it to become God’s size. The second time was when God was finding it difficult to get Abraham to accept that he could still father a child. In Gen 15: 5&6, God brought him out to count the stars. As he was counting, faith was building up in him till he believed. Dream dream and dream. You will carry your dream this year in Jesus name. The year is not yet over. It is not over until it is over. Keep dreaming, keep pressing.
Peradventure, you don’t know Christ, delay may be too dangerous. Please accept Him now and give Him the steering wheel of your life. Let Him have the preeminence. Live for Him and watch how beautiful He makes things to become.
After birth is growth that can bring sanctification. I want to humbly invite you to be part of our Worship service on Sunday at 7am or at 9am. You shall have divine encounter that will give you permanent joy all your years. ChristLike Assembly is opposite Akure South Local Government Secretariat, Ilesa Road, Akure, Ondo South. Come and be blessed mightily.