By Odunayo Ketiku
I welcome my readers to today’s edition. It is my prayer that God grants us understanding of His Words in Jesus name. In this edition, we shall be looking at another Advantage of the Cross, another bye-product of Grace. It is
God’s plan and purpose for our lives is trans-generational. God is a seed conscious God. The tree of mango is locked up in mango seed. As long as you have a mango seed, you will have a mango tree. The mandate of Genesis 1:28 upon man is to replenish the earth. ” And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”
To replenish is to keep it going. It is to Sustain. It is to Fill or Build up. This Connotes longevity and stability. It connotes continuity. Not allowed to be empty.
His plan is to establish us. He will keep us going till we get there. We may have storms on the way but the covenant will keep us sustained. He establishes us by taking us to a place where we will be secured in Him. Lets go through Psalms 89: 20 – 37 and see the Contents of Establishment. When God establishes a man, these are the visible proofs.Psalms 89:20-37
” I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.” The Contents of Establishment are:
1. Verse 20—–God’s presence, God’s Grace, God’s Anointing. When God is with you, it doesn’t matter who is against you: you will get there. His Anointing is His Hands that makes all the difference. It is only God’s Presence that can sustain a man in this troubled World. Without His Presence the journey can become treacherous.
2. Verse 21 —- His presence provides strength for the journey. This Strength comes from Gods hands. We can grow weak because of the battles of life but when His Hand is involved, the result will be different. His Hand is Mighty, yea, Very Strong. Strong enough to carry us through the wilderness of life. Hear God Himself speaking to us through Prophet Isaiah in Isaiah 41:13 ” For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” He sends help through His Hand.
3. In verse 22, we see that this covenant ensures that the enemy doesn’t outsmart you. You know they are very cunning, but they can’t get you. The enemy must not outsmart us otherwise the Covenant has failed. When the enemy gets you to love what God hates, establishment will be far from such a man. Delilah never told Samson that he was embarking on the journey of no return when she put his head on her lap.
It was too subtle an approach for Samson to sense danger. He was too much intoxicated with the love of Delilah to notice any danger sign. May God’s Presence never depart our lives in Jesus name.
4. Verse 23 reveals to us what awaits every enemy of our souls. If they prove stubborn, He crushes them. If they hate you, they are struck down. He has a covenant to keep you till the end. No enemy can snatch out of His hands.
5. Faithfulness and steadfastness reinforce establishment. Faithfulness is Commitment while Steadfastness is to be unwavering. This two mean to be unbending v24. The Covenant of Establishment guarantees the Commitment of God to our lives. He is Resolutely Resolute to get us to His Destination for our lives.
6. When you call the name of the Lord, your strength is renewed. V24b. The Renewal of our Strength guarantees Continuity. A man that has lost strength can no longer proceed. Solomon has this to say to encourage us not to loose strength.Proverbs 24:10 “If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.”
7. Locked up inside Divine Establishment is Prosperity. He Covenanted to set our hands upon the sea and the Rivers. v25. To be Prosperous is more than Money. I see it as getting a cup of cold water when you need it. It is the absence of lack in it’s totality. See David’s prayer in Psalms 90:17 “And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.” The Passion Translation says 17 “O Lord our God, let your sweet beauty rest upon us and give us favor. Come work with us, and then our works will endure, and give us success in all we do.” Give us Success in all we do. Hallelujah!!
8. This Covenant guarantees Answered Prayers. See verse 26.
Nothing frustrates a Christian as unanswered prayers. When you have the Testimony of your prayers,you are filled with joy. Infact Jesus Himself said “Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” John 16:24.
9. This Covenant covers generations unborn. verses 29and 36. Beloved,our unborn generations are covered.
hat is Establishment. When the Lord Establishes a man, he will have an enduring Legacy. It is not the will of God for you to pass and your labour also passes. No. A success without a Successor is actually a failure. Are you glad that God has this Covenant with us? Hmm. We have roles to play. Our God is not a liar. He is not a Scammer as well. He always come through on His Promises. However, we serve a God that relates on Principles. We belong to a Kingdom, a Nation run by Principles. God is not a sentimental God.
e is a Just God. When we align our lives with the Principles of the Kingdom, we enjoy the Fruits of His Covenant. We must therefore note the following if we really want to enjoy the Contents of Divine Establishment:
1. We must rely on the finished work of the cross and the Holy Ghost to run away from sin especially the ones that easily besets us. Hebrews 12:1
2. If you will not loose in the affairs of life, focus on the race that is set before you. Stop wasting your time on trivial issues. You must finish well. So be focused. So many people are distracted already. Don’t join them but rather Imitate Christ. Hebrews 12:2.
3. Be persistent. Don’t be a quitter. Hebrews 10:36. Move through those difficult times without giving up. The God you serve is not a scam or a liar. If He has said it, He will do it. He knows the end of a thing before it began. He is with you through your struggles. He actually allowed it to produce a stronger version of yourself. James 1:4, 2 Corinthians 4:8. Sweetheart, when it seems you can’t go on any more. Remember you have a God who is watching out for you. He has your back!!
4. Any time you feel low, say this several times Philippians 4:13 ” I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” Believe it. Pick up and move on. Hallelujah!
5. Please remember love. The only force that keeps you going is love because God is love. When you walk in love, you walk in God. Let love overshadow you. 1 Corinthians 13:7
6. Please care for your seed. Genesis 18:19. Teach them to love God. Teach them to put God first. The main reason why God would perform His Promises to Abraham was because He knew that Abraham would teach his children to obey God. God is a Shrewd businessman that believes so much in Profit. A wasted life is that life that brings no profit to God. Such a life is a grace waster. God is profited when you raise Godly children.
Children that fear Him. They may give you some troubles as they grow up due to one peer pressure or the other but mark my words, they will surely return back to God. The prodigal son did , they too will do. Just plant the seed in them. Life is too complicated to leave their sharpening to their teachers. No, please be their Sunday School teacher at home. Won’t you arise and deliver your own generation from this yahoo-craze ? Secure their destinies in Christ. You will have peace tomorrow.
Please permit me to say it again that you must be properly connected and rooted in Christ. Establishment is only available in Him. Come to know Him. He didn’t die to raise Religious people. He went through the agony of the Cross to raise a people of Relationship. God wants you in a love relationship with Him by Faith through Christ in the power of the Holy Ghost. Give in to Him now and desire to grow.
For your Spiritual growth, I wish to encourage you to fellowship with us in Christlike Assembly, opposite Akure South Local Government Secretariat, Ilesa Road Akure. Ondo State. We meet on Sundays at 7-8.45 and 9-11.45am. Midweek Service holds on Wednesdays between 4.30 and 6pm. A Special Feast is on the Way. God has being using this Feast to turn things around for us in the Ministry. It is a Feast of Fat things on His holy Mountain. It holds from 1st- 21st January 2022. In this Feast, we shall receive Grace to Carry what He has prepared for us in 2022. It is our year of Restoration and Glory Manifestation. When you are Restored, Glory shows. Please be part of it and be Lifted.
Till we meet again, please keep Hope Alive. There is Hope for a tree,even when it is cut down, at the scent of water, it shall spring up again and even bud. I decree your bouncing back in Jesus Name. Shalom
Leave a Reply