25.1 C
Akure
Friday, December 2, 2022

Fire destroys properties worth millions in Akure

By Michael Ofulue

Properties worth millions of naira were yesterday destroyed when a building located at Omoniyi area off Agbogbo in Akure, the state capital was gutted by fire.
The inferno, according to eyewitnesses account was caused by an electrical cooker which a woman, an occupant of one of the flats plugged and forgot to switch it off when the power was taken.
Reports had it that the electric cooker was on when power was restored and the cooker went up in flames which burnt three out of four flats of the building.
As at the time of filing this report, men of the Federal Fire Service and concerned neighbours were seen trying to put off the fire as sympathizers trooped out to catch a glimpse of the destruction.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

MOST COMMENTED

Related news