#Hope Metro

Fire guts 3-bedroom flat

By Doyin Adeleye

|

A three-bedroom flat has completely been burnt in Omodara Estate, Igoba, Akure on Sunday.

According to the owner of the building, Mrs Caroline Isidiome, the devastating incident happened when BEDC restored light in the community.

She explained that she was doing her laundry outside her apartment when she noticed that her neighbour was turning off their apartment light, and she looked back only to see that her building was already on fire.

She said the house was burnt down due to high voltage.

 Mrs Isidiome who was downcast, added that the apartment was razed down, leaving her to nothing, except the clothes on her when the incident happened.

 She disclosed that she has lost everything to the inferno, just as she pleaded with the government to help her get a place to stay, as she and her children are currently staying with a neighbour.

Meanwhile, the community members had demolished the burnt building to prevent it from collapsing on other apartments or people in the vicinity.

Share
Related News  Driver remanded for manslaughter
Fire guts 3-bedroom flat

Three docked for stealing, fraud

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *