By Odunayo Ketiku
Scripture: 2 Cor. 9:8, Num. 6:24-28
Memory verse: Luke 2:40 (KJV)
“And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.”
The grace of God has also been described as God’s unmerited favour. This means that when we carry grace, we actually carry the undeserved favor of God. This favour makes it possible for us to have sufficiency in all things. Our calling is to be a blessing to others. He told Abraham in Gen. 12:2 ” I will bless you and make your name great and you shall be a blessing. ” The God- dimension in the life of Abram was to release strength and enablement upon him to the extent that he becomes great and a blessing to others
In Num. 6:24-26, we see that God’s favor upon a man keeps him from trouble. God’s favor distinguishes him, makes him excel. It sets him apart. It is absolutely impossible for a man that carries grace to lack peace.
When Luke 2:40 says ” And the child grew…” It is not only physical growth he was talking about. The grace of God upon the child, Jesus, made him to be strong in spiritual things. He was equally filled with wisdom in the wings of grace. Wisdom is the ability to know what to do or say at the right time and go ahead to do and sayit at the right time. The child, Jesus, grew in such a great wisdom that the teachers and the Pharisees could not comprehend him. Won’t you pursue grace today?
Grace is the presence of God in the life of a man that makes uncommon things happen. When God’s grace rested upon Solomon, he became the richest king of his days. Can we quickly run through the benefits of God’s dimension in his life
1. The.Lord opened heaven upon him and gave him wisdom. Solomon never fought a battle like his dad. The Wisdom of God upon his life gave him rest round about. Hear his personal testimony in 1kings 5:4″ But now the LORD my God has given me rest on every side. There is neither adversary nor misfortune.” (1 Kings 5:4, ESV). You agree with me that when you have rest, achievement becomes easy. Battles of life weakens. Battles of life distract. Battles of life bring delay and sometimes death. A man at war cannot do much. Even God refused David building Him a house because his hand was full of blood. The blood was shed at war times. “But the word of the LORD came to me, saying, ‘You have shed much blood and have waged great wars. You shall not build a house to my name, because you have shed so much blood before me on the earth. ” (1 Chronicles 22:8, ESV).
2. By Virtue of God’s grace upon Solomon, it was recorded that silver was like sand in his days. “And the king made silver and gold as common in Jerusalem as stone, and he made cedar as plentiful as the sycamore of the Shephelah”. (2 Chronicles 1:15, ESV).
3. King Solomons wisdom attracted other Kings from far and near who came to pay homage to him and they never Came empty handed. They always came to listen to his wisdom with gifts in their hands.” Every one of them brought his present, articles of silver and gold, garments, myrrh, spices, horses, and mules, so much year by year.” (1 Kings 10:25, ESV)
4. Grace even opened the doors to importing and exporting business. He was involved in International Trade. He had an international fleet of ships. He had an alliance with the Phoenicians and had control of the major Middle Eastern Inland trade routes. He engaged in his own import and export ventures. See for yourself: “28 And Solomon’s import of horses was from Egypt and Kue, and the king’s traders received them from Kue at a price. 29 A chariot could be imported from Egypt for 600 shekels of silver and a horse for 150, and so through the king’s traders they were exported to all the kings of the Hittites and the kings of Syria”. (1 Kings 10:28-29, ESV)
5. Grace made Solomon a unique king in his days. The bible records that there was no king before him or after him. “behold, I now do according to your word. Behold, I give you a wise and discerning mind, so that none like you has been before you and none like you shall arise after you. (1 Kings 3:12, ESV)
Can we just see one of His secrets before we go
“Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father, only he sacrificed and made offerings at the high places.” (1 Kings 3:3, ESV). He loved God so much that at one service, he offered God a Thousand burnt offerings that made God to give him an open cheque. So many people wanted the encounter of Solomon but not what Solomon did. There is no love that does not give. One can however give without love. That is why what preceeded the gift of Solomon is very important. He loved God. It’s time for us to go back to the Giver of all grace who gives by Mercy. We.just have to love Him and not His hand. I’m sure if we get His heart, we will get His hand.
Have you given your life to Christ? If not, please do it now. Tomorrow may be too late. The today you see is by His mercies. Don’t take chances. Don’t gamble with your life. Do it now. Look for a Bible believing church so you can grow spiritually. You are Warmly welcome to ChristLike Assembly, a family church you should attend this Sunday at 9am. It shall be awesome in His presence. ChristLike Assembly is opposite Akure South Local Government Secretariat, Ilesa Road, Akure. We love you
Worship God for who he is, magnify him for his wonders in your life.and your family.
Celebrate the kindness of God since January to date.
Ask for the forgiveness of every sin that can hinder your prayers.
Run your life under the blood of Jesus that speaks better things than the blood if Abel.
Ask for grace. You can do nothing by your power. It is not of him that runs so ask God for grace to run well. Declare and decree, your grace is all I need Lord. Let Your grace be sufficient for me.
Father, please, let your rain of grace fall on me. I receive divine help by Your grace. Amen
Looking forward to seeing you next edition. Till then, please keep hope alive.