By Odunayo Ketiku
I welcome us to this week edition. It’s my prayer that our Spirit is opened to divine revelation of His Word even as we study together..
Let’s note some points about Grace before we look at our character today and see what grace did.
· Grace is not for the qualified. It is Grace that qualifies a man. 1 Cor 1:26-27, 2 Cor 12:9
· It is not earned. You don’t work for it. It is God’s prerogative. Rom. 9: 6-16
· Grace is for His purpose Eph. 3:2-7,
· The measure you have now is all you can carry. Eph. 4:7, Matt 25:15
· If you want more, you have to expend what you have. He is too prudent to waste resources Matt 25: 20 -21.
Let’s look at what grace did for a woman called Ruth – Ruth 1-22, 2: 2-3,7,10-12,14, 17,18, 4: 14-17, Matt 1: 5
In the life of Ruth, Grace was a game Changer. In Deut 23;3, God placed a curse on the tribe of Ruth– Moab. He declared that no moabitess should enter the Congregation of the Children of Israel. Grace broke the Curse and brought her in.
Let’s remember that Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world. Rev. 13: 8. That’s why you see Grace from page 1 of the Bible to the last Page.
Ruth broke through the curse by Grace. Can someone shout “I break free from every curse. I am redeemed from the curse. It can’t work on me and my children anymore. We are free by the finished perfect work of Calvary.
2. Grace lifted Ruth out of the dunghill and mess of life. Grace brought her out of distress and depression. Grace brought her out of the Consequences of the error of a Father-in- Law. Every error in the past taking its toll in my life, destiny and my children, hear the word of Grace… your hold upon my life is broken. I take my flight from every mess and dungs. From my mess, I call forth Heavy messages.
3. Grace rewrites the story of Ruth and gave her a name among the great. Matt 1:5. I tap into the Grace that re-writes History now. So there was royalty locked up in Ruth thrown into the cursed land of Moab. I believe the Grace upon Ruth made Elimelech to go to Moab. It was Ruth he went out there to look for and bring her into where she belongs. Let Grace locate me and take me to where I belong to now in Jesus name.
Do you know what helped Ruth? Information – she heard about the God of Israel from her father- in – law and even Naomi. She believed what she heard about that God to the extent that she was ready to leave her family for Him. Her commitment to the God she couldn’t describe as faithful to her husband’s family was very deep. She saw something that Orpah didn’t see. Her commitment made her to take the risk.
I also see her hard work. Grace is not for lazy people. She refused to sit down and be moan her situation. She dusted her widowhood garment and went in search of destiny.
She was teachable and bendable.
She was a woman of compassion.
If You are not yet born again, please do well and run into grace now. The only source of Grace is Jesus. Jesus came to destroy the yoke of sin. Lets read this together
“For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ”. (Romans 5:17, null)
Receive the abundance of Grace and reign in life through Jesus Christ.
Then make all arrangements to grow in grace by reading the bible. We welcome you to Christlike Assembly so that you can be built up in the Word of truth. Our services hold 7-8.45am and 9am- 12 noon on Sundays, 4.30pm on Wednesdays. Watch your company because there are Grace wasters.
Till we meet again, please keep hope alive and enjoy Grace. Shalom