By JOSHUA IGINLA
Continued from last edition
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is-eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23)
5. Increase in iniquity (Matthew 24: 12) – Because iniquity abound, the love of men for God and the things of God has waxed cold. We see all manner of sins in this generation: prostitution, sodomy, lesbianism, homosexuality, bestiality, and all dimensions of unspeakable sins have grown in geometric progression. God is angry; holiness, righteousness and purity have departed from the church whilst immorality holds sway…without righteousness, no man can see God! Of a truth, God may have to apologise to Sodom and Gomorrah if he spares this present world; we have bibles, but they didn’t have the luxury of same.
THE SURPRISES OF HELL
1. The presence of people that should be absent in hell – The day of judgement shall be quite shocking and interesting! Many perceived holy men will be present in hell; some celebrated people of holiness and self-acclaimed righteousness will be there present; our so called standard bearers will be ever so present.
2. A lot of people will enter hell by minor things – Sin is sin! There are : little foxes that destroy the vine: unforgiveness, bitterness, hot temper, pride, disobedience and those little lies are sure expressways to a lifetime in hell.
3. To be in hell and see your loved ones in heaven – The race to eternity is a personal one! The day of judgement will be quite painful; families, friends and foes will be separated; whilst some are rejoicing, there shall be weeping, wailing, mourning and gnashing of teeth for others!
4. To discover the reality of hell when already in hell – Heaven and hell are real! The suffering in hell will be too terrible to endure; so terrible that one would prefer to die yet death refuses to come; eternal pain will be unleashed with fire and brimstone.
5. Very Important personalities will find themselves in hell – Hell is no respecter of persons! The bible warns that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go to heaven; the case of Lazarus and the Rich man in Luke 16:19-21 readily comes to mind! Every righteous man has a guardian angel. I pray for you: the arrow of hell shall not claim your life; you will not miss heaven, in Jesus name
THE SURPRISES OF HEAVEN
1. The most criticized will be in heaven ^ Some people that we criticize, despise and reject will make it to heaven if they have a right standing with God…Do not judge any man!
2. Seeing the greatness of God – Heaven will unfold his greatness, glory, honour, majesty, splendour and power; the wondrous and manifold works of his hands shall be evidently and eminently unveiled to the consternation of all…what a wondrous sight to behold! Many are called but few are chosen (Matthew 7:21); may you be among the chosen few, in Jesus name.
SINS THAT ARE FAST RECRUITING PEOPLE INTO HELL
1. Pride – This about the greatest sin that men seem not to be aware. A lot of people will miss heaven due to pride. Gods resists the proud but gives grace to the humble!
2. Greed – This is an overt and insatiable desire to covet what belongs to others; it is extortion and inordinate ambition for material things; it is to make it at all cost; it is eating and not being satisfied ; it is not being contented with what you have and wanting some more in a negative fashion;. Hear me: Greed is grievous, harmful and killing; it was greed that left Gehazi with leprosy!
3. Immorality – Fornication and adultery are
dangerous: the sin of the flesh portends to death! Artful seduction has crept into our lives; nakedness and indecent exposure meant to deceive the unwary are being daily advertised on our streets; the sin of immorality has eaten so deep into the fabric of our lives and soul. The old are seeking to sleep with the young, and vice-versa. The sin of immorality is a disgrace to your life and a dis-service to your integrity; dress as you want to be addressed; do not be garbed in the garment of a harlot. I paralyse every lust of the flesh in your life, in Jesus name.
Now in closing, you may want to ask: How do I make it to heaven? Beloved, firstly, you must accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour; a life without Christ leads to crisis; you can receive a good message and go to hell but you can never receive Jesus and go to hell. Secondly, you must live a life of purity, righteousness and holiness; for without holiness no man can see God (Hebrew 10:14). It is quite possible to live a holy life in this our ever so sinful world because our God is holy, and they that worship him must do so in holiness. Thirdly, where possible you can make restitution for your sins; returning that which you took unlawfully from others, even with interest. Finally, you must live in humility; being as children and having a meek and gentle heart; you must eschew bitterness and exude a forgiving spirit. Now, as we welcome the second half of this year, I pray the Lord Almighty will prepare you for heaven; every sin that has eaten you up shall dry up, wither and die; anyone planted by the devil to lead you astray and make you fall shall be uprooted and. destroyed; holiness shall be the order of your life; the rest of your life shall be the best of your life. Till we meet at the Foursquare City; it is settled in Jesus name…SHOUTFIRE!!!