By Micheal Ofulue, Osogbo
The Osun Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board has reiterated its commitment to ensure a hitch-free Hajj exercise for all intending pilgrims from the State.
This is as the first batch of 413 intending pilgrims departed Nigeria for Saudi Arabia.
Speaking to newsmen shortly after their departure, the State’s Amirul-Hajj, Moruf Ishola, said necessary mechanisms had been put in place to guarantee the welfare and well-being of the intending pilgrims from the State.
Recall that the State government under the leadership of Governor Gboyega Oyetola held a farewell ceremony for the 660 intending pilgrims from the State.
Ishola disclosed that 413 out of the cleared 660 intending pilgrims from Osun were airlifted to Madinah, Saudi Arabia on Monday afternoon. Of the 413 intending pilgrims, 221 are females while 192 are males.
He disclosed that the second batch of the prospective pilgrims are scheduled to jet out of the country on Thursday this week.
Also speaking, the Administrative Secretary of the Board , Mr. Bolaji Sanni, said some of the intending pilgrims on the first batch that departed Nigeria for Madinah are expected to spend a week before moving to Mecca next week.
Leave a Reply