I welcome our readers to this week’s edition of this devotion. It is my prayers that heaven will open upon our hearts as we read. Channels of our spirit will open up for divine Revelation. There shall be a divine Encounter that will bring divine impartation for Speed.
Mercy is God’s forgiveness – “For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.” (Psalm 86:5, ESV).
4″ But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-by grace you have been saved- (Ephesians 2:4-5, ESV) ”
“he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,” (Titus 3:5, ESV)
We shall be looking at what God’s mercy has made available to everyone that comes to Him. Please note that His mercy is for every mankind. Accessing it is however by sonship. The Tank of God’s Mercy is full. Let’s see some supernatural existence that God’s Mercy has made provision for.
1. The first thing we mentioned is that we are forgiven all iniquities on the platter of God’s Mercy. Not that we are qualified for it but Given to us by mercy.
2. Mercy bypasses all protocols. The protocol of receiving from God is faith – Heb. 11:6, but there are situations in life that we go through and we just get to a point where there is no strength to exercise faith anymore. At that point, you need the mercy of God, e.g. Sarah”10 The LORD said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife shall have a son.” And Sarah was listening at the tent door behind him. 11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old, advanced in years. The way of women had ceased to be with Sarah. 12 So Sarah laughed to herself, saying, “After I am worn out, and my lord is old, shall I have pleasure?” 13 The LORD said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?’ 14 Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son.” 15 But Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh,” for she was afraid. He said, “No, but you did laugh.” (Genesis 18:10-15, ESV). Please fast forward to Gen 21.1-7 ” 1 The LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did to Sarah as he had promised. 2 And Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age at the time of which God had spoken to him. 3 Abraham called the name of his son Isaac who was born to him by Sarah. 4 And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac when he was eight days old, as God had commanded him. 5 Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. 6 And Sarah said, “God has made laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh over me.” 7 And she said, “Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his old age.” (Genesis 21:1-7, ESV) Ask by mercy this day that that which you have given up on will receive the divine truth of God.
3.Mercy speaks in place of Judgement. Don’t forget that the definition of mercy is that it withholds the judgement due. Like what Jesus did for humanity on the cross. We were doomed for hell but Jesus stepped in on the cross by mercy to cancel the judgement. “,13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him”. (Colossians 2:13-15, ESV) See 2 Corinthians 5:21 also. “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” (2 Corinthians 5:21, ESV) He went on to declare us “not guilty”, “acquitted and discharged” – Rom. 8:1.Halleluyah!!! We found our righteousness in Him!!!
4. Mercy qualifies the unqualified like the man at the pool of Bethsaida in John 5: 1-8. What located him among the multitude is Mercy. After Mercy located him, he practically abused the process by murmuring and complaining yet Mercy stood in his favor and gave him his miracle.
5. Mercy promotes. See Joseph, the 11th child of 12. Gen 41:38 never ceases to amaze me “And Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find a man like this, in whom is the Spirit of God?” (Genesis 41:38, ESV). I have no problem if He was the only man in Egypt with the Spirit of God but to say Joseph’s solution for the trouble ahead was what no one has heard before was what baffles me. What Joseph said was the solution was what anyone with common sense will suggest when famine is preceded by abundance. SAVE. But because mercy was at work, he became the Man of the moment. The sent-messiah. Speed by mercy. Mercy took him to his place in destiny. He didn’t have to queue up anymore to get to the throne. He has already done that in God’s school of the Spirit. He has been made. When mercy stepped in, He met a prepared ma.
What do I do to receive God’s Mercy??
1.Turn from every wickedness. “if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14, ESV) “Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it,” (Psalm 34:14, ESV). “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, declares the Lord GOD. Repent and turn from all your transgressions, lest iniquity be your ruin.” (Ezekiel 18:30, ESV). You can’t continue in wickedness and ask for Mercy to step in. We all have to turn first. One of our fathers in the faith said” it is a state of insanity to continue with a process and expect a different result. I’m sure if all of us in Nigeria from the most important to the least turn to God in repentance today, HE will heal our land. To continue in this wickedness and be crying on mountains for God’s Mercy is mere hallucinations. We must turn and return to our Maker.
2. Please have a heart of mercy .”Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.” (Matthew 5:7, ESV) By mercy, be a forgiving woman, wife and mother. Be a forgiving man, husband and father. Let offences go. Mercy forgave us, extend mercy too to others.
3. Always acknowledge your need of God’s mercy. He is looking for broken hearts.”The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise”. (Psalm 51:17, ESV) “The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:18, ESV)
Cry for mercy believing that He will hear us. I am yet to see someone who cried for mercy and was not heard. You know why? He is a merciful God. His character is mercy. ” But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, ” (Ephesians 2:4, ESV). He introduced Himself to Moses and the children of Israel. Hear Him “The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, “The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness,” (Exodus 34:6, ESV) and “Go, and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, “‘Return, faithless Israel, declares the LORD. I will not look on you in anger, for I am merciful, declares the LORD; I will not be angry forever.” (Jeremiah 3:12, ESV)
O Lord my God search me and cleanse me if there is any iniquity in me. Mal. 2:5 -6 shows us what Israel did his turning from iniquity.
O Lord let Your Mercy bypass my lack of faith. Help my unbelief.
Let mercy overrule every judgement. Every judgement passed in the night. Judgement of witchcraft is overturned by mercy in Jesus name.
By Your Mercy, I receive Speed to fulfill destiny.
Remember that you are the driver of the vehicle of your destiny. He is at the door of your heart now, allow Him in so you can drink of the water of mercy. Ask Him to come into your life. Make Him your Lord and Master. Read His Word and Obey it. Desire a Relationship with Him. He didn’t go to the Cross to look for acquaintances. He shed His blood to have sons who will know their Father and listen to Him.
Of course you need the fellowship of like-minds to grow. You are welcome to Christlike Assembly opposite Akure South Local Government Secretariat, Ilesa Road, Akure. Ondo State on Sundays at 7-8.45am and 9-11.45am. You shall surely be nurtured. He will make you lie down in green pastures.
Till we meet again, please keep hope alive. Shalom