By Pastor Odunayo Ketiku
Whether you are born again or not, there is a measure of God’s grace upon your life. It is called common grace – the one that makes rain to fall on the wicked and on the Righteous. Mathews 5:45
If you have given your life to Christ, there is another measure of favour upon your life that brought you to Him, if not for his favour, you wouldn’t have been saved. Titus 3:5, 1 Peter 1:3, Ephesians 2:8. Favour of God is the source of mercy. Isaiah 60:10“And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee”. The grace and the mercy of God are unmerited favour that we cannot earn. We don’t deserve it either and we cannot merit it. It comes via Calvary and if you have been there, you are highly favoured.
God’s favour is His divine kindness to us. It is God that gave us the ability to do something which is humanly impossible for us to do. It also means Grace. II Timothy 2:1 “Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus”.
His grace changes things for us. Our salvation is not only to prepare us for heaven, it makes available unto us all that we need here–deliverance, healing, preservation, protection and holiness. Coming to Christ is an avenue for the favour upon our lives to manifest.
Now to walk in favour, to manifest favour, to take advantage of favour we need some actions. We are using David as our man to learn from
- You must know who you are. So many people know the devil more than they know themselves. David in Psalm 139:14 said” I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. (Psalm 139:14, NASB)“ In 1 Samuel
17:33 “And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth “But David Responded in verses 34 and 35 which sounds like this” you may see a youth but I know who I am. A victor, a conqueror, a man backed by God, A highly favoured man. I could hear him sing” I know who I am, I’m walking in power, I’m walking in Miracles, I live a life of Favor because I know who I am.
- You must know your God and walk with Him in faith. Habakkuk 2:4b”…….; But the righteous will live by his faith. (Habakkuk2:4, NASB) David knew so much about God that he was ready to dare the philistine. Knowledge gives you confidence and courage. No wonder Daniel said in chapter 11:32.of his book” but the people who know their God will display strength and take action. (Daniel 11:32, NASB) What you know about God gives you strength to press on even when you are supposed to give up. David knew God as the God of war. Hear Him in Psalm18:1-3. The more of God you know, the more you will be able to adore & exalt Him &fear Him. The more of His favor you display.
- A heart of love attracts constant favour. Hear David in II Sam 9:1 Then David said, “Is there yet anyone left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?” (2 Samuel 9:1, NASB) Just like God’s love. From the love of God in David’s heart; he showed kindness to the grandson of Saul, his arch enemy. The Love of God must make you to be forgiving and ready to do good even to those who maltreated you. He loved God so much that God called him “a man after my heart; who will do all my will Acts13:22 HE was a man who pursued securing the presence of God. His pursuit was God’s heart Psalm 42:
1.He wouldn’t want anything to come in between him & God. His heart was sensitive to the things of God. He wouldn’t go to any battle without getting God’s approval. He would rather be a gateman in God’s sanctuary than to be in the company of men.
- A humble heart attracts favour. James 4:16-18.See David when Nathan told him of his sin , what did he say? “ Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” And Nathan said to David, “The LORD also has taken away your sin; you shall not die. (2Samuel12:13,NASB) His father forgot Him in the bush. Samuel wouldn’t have chosen him either But God saw what others didn’t see. He saw a servant heart. He saw faithful heart tending sheep in the field. He kept on serving Saul in the face of danger. What a heart!!!!Lord help me.
- A praiseful heart – A man who adores God, a man who loves to talk about how big and great his God is even in the midst of trouble could actually be described as a man after God’s heart. Such a heart will definitely Count God’s Grace.
- A man of integrity Ps 78:71-72. Integrity is what we do when no one is watching. He had a heart that is upright and open and not double minded or double tongued. David would never cover up. See him in Psalm 51: 1- end. You want the favour of God, work on your heart. It must be upright. No more lies. People accept lies as a way of life. To some, it’s no biggie but not with a man who wants to walk in great grace. Integrity is more of our inside than outside .It’s doing right when no one is watching. It’s about keeping our word even when it hurts. It’s about being honest in our dealings. It’s admitting mistakes and taking steps to correct them.Proverb11:20.
Let’s help one another. If you will exhibit the favor you are clothed with, you must be ready to be Spiritual. It’s not for only Pastors or Prophets. It’s for everyone who wants to manifest maximally. Take care of your spirituality. Create the time to study the Word of God and take the time to Load yourself up in such away that walking in favour will be away of life. Hallelujah
- Ask for His help
- Let the spirit of grace and supplication come on me
- Father give me a hunger and a thirst for you.
- Father Let your Spirit help my spirit.
In case you haven’t given your life to Christ, Let’s do it together right away. It is too dangerous to move without having Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. Shall we pray “Lord Jesus, I come to you as a sinner, forgive all my iniquities. I Accept your Lordship over my life today. Please write my name in the book of life. Amen.
Now that you are born again, you need the word of God to grow. Moreover, you need a bible believing Church for the truth that will bring development.We will be glad to have you Worship God with us at Christ Like Assembly, Opp Akure South Local Government Secretariat, Ilesha Road, Akure. Till then, make friend with your bible. Establish an unbroken Altar where you seek Him daily. Don’t forget that Grace is only through Him. You can also join us online @ Odunayo Ketiku (Facebook) @ 5pm on Mondays, Wednesday, and 10am on Sundays.